Wednesday 28 March 2012

Wardrobe Woes

Waking up in the morning with the sun shining makes such a difference and makes getting out of bed early a lot more bearable, but as the temperature soars it reminds me that I need to think about swapping round my winter and summer clothes, and this is where the problem begins.

Last year I had been determined that this was the summer I would ditch the old, out of date stuff that had been hanging round in my wardrobe for so long the styles had come around again and disappeared again!  However the usual thing occurred in so far as the boys had all grown (again), and had nothing which fitted them (again) and by the time they had their new t-shirts, shorts, footwear, etc, I felt as though I had done enough spending and couldn't really justify getting too much for me.  The result was me standing in front of my wardrobe and moaning for three months that I had nothing to wear.  This year though I am determined will be different.

Before I even start I did think about having a no holds barred clear out of everything and trashing anything I haven't worn this millenium, throwing outfits bought on impulse (which were regretted once I got home), or ditching any clothes I have hated for the last five years, but I realised that would only leave me with one pair of jeans so that is not really feasible.  I need to get new and will work on the basis that as I put something into my wardrobe I must  throw something from one of the aforementioned categories.

First of all I must start earlier.  If I wait until July I will only find the' new season autumn collection' so now the sun is out I will begin.  Going to the local shopping centre recently there were sales everywhere with big discounts to be had and this was a great incentive.  However there is one downside to being efficient in so far as the excesses of the winter are still obviously visible.  I don't feel slim enough yet to be seen in t-shirts where there is no-where to hide the flab.  It takes me until at least May to feel I can expose any more than my forearms so I now have a dilemma.  Do I shop based on how I am now or go for how I want to look in three months time?

I also need to change my mindset.  When I buy clothes for the boys, whilst there is no designer gear, if they like something and they need it I just buy it, but for myself  I stand agonising over whether or not to get it.  What will it go with?  Do I really need it?  Should I spend the money - yes it's only Primark!

So now I feel galvanized into action.  I know what I need to do, and my wardrobe needs me to act.  The only thing I need to remember is to hide the next credit card bill!  Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment