Monday 16 January 2012

Warming Up

Every Saturday my husband and I sit down and discuss who will be taking which son to football.  With 3 of them playing every weekend at varying times and locations it can be a logistical nightmare, and I have to go to one or two matches every week.  Whilst I enjoy watching them and probably shout out too much at inappropriate times, the only thing I can't bear is the cold. Two hours outside in a field exposed to the elements is enough to make anyone freeze, and when you feel the cold and are a wimp like myself, it doesn't help!
Thinking about this I have put together a few tips on staying warm and these don't just apply to parents outside at sports events!

 - Wearing lots of thin layers rather than one thick jumper is better at keeping you warm as the heat is trapped between the layers
 - Wear Wool, cotton or fleecy synthetic materials
 - Although this may not go down too well, wear bed socks or thermal underwear at night
 - Another option is to use a hot water bottle to warm up the bed.
 - When going out try to wear a hat as a lot of heat is lost through your head
 - Try not to sit down for long periods of time.  Movement such as walking or even hoovering is good as it gets the circulation going and you feel warmer
 - Eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg and try to eat your five a day to keep your health
 - Whilst we are busy running around it is important to remember to have regular hot meals and drinks as these provide warmth and energy.

I hope these give you a few ideas and help a bit.  I am now going to take my own advice and put the kettle on.  Keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment